In agriculture the most essential element is Water. This precious element is usually extracted from the earth depth where it is pumped through pipes to irrigate the cultivation. For many agricultural needs, the alternative is solar energy. Modern, well-designed, simple-to-maintain solar systems can provide the energy that is needed where it is needed, and when it is needed. These are systems that have been tested and proven around the world to be cost-effective and reliable, and they are already raising levels of agricultural productivity worldwide.
- Water pumps (Well water extraction, drinking water)
- Agriculture (Irrigation)
- Residential compounds
The PV pump topology is very simple:
- The PV Modules produce DC current.
- The Mounting Structure to hold the PV modules
- The Solar Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) converts the DC current into AC
- The Pump that extracts water from the source (already existing pump)
Why Choose Solar Pumping ?
- Simple installation
- Could be integrated to existing solar pump
- Can extract water from several hundred meters depth
- Very Low Water Extraction Cost
- Eligible for Kafalat and NEEREA financing mechanism
- Low pay back period
- No running cost and no maintenance
- Ecological (Zero CO2 and toxic gases emission)
- Noise free
- Create shading areas (Storage rooms, cattle rest areas)
How does it Work ?
The PV panels produce DC current that is proportional to the amount of sunlight. The VFD converts the power into suitable AC electricity to supply the pump. The extracted amount of water will then be proportional to the amount of sunlight. This means that in the morning, the water flow will increase gradually to reach its maximum at noon than will decrease until zero at dusk. The design will be made to provide the needed amount of water every day. All systems are equipped with a change over switch that allows the system to work on the existing diesel generator in case of night operation. Two system configurations are possible:
System without storage tank
The water comes out directly from the pump to the irrigation point. The system is cheaper than the storage tank system and requires a diesel generator for night operation.
System with storage tank
The water is stored into a big storage tang in order to be used when needed. This will allow an all-time operation. The water stored in the backup tank will circulate by gravity to the desired irrigation point.
© 2023 NovaEnergia SAL. All Rights Reserved.